Tuesday, February 5, 2013

NYC's Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder: Sunny

Another NYC product! I never really had any luck with this brand until this product! It's NYC's Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny (720), which is the only available shade in this particular kind of bronzer.
This is most likely the best bronzer for the cheapest price on the market.  It's so hard to believe that this made by NYC.  The consistency is such a nice quality and it lasts on my skin all day.  It has little to no shimmer.  I had been contemplating whether to buy this product or not because I heard great things about Benefit's Hoola Bronzer but it has a pretty hefty price tag so I decided on this one instead.
I really like the idea for how the packaging is set up, with a rim around the product to catch the excess powder, and a large mirror inside the cap.  But, the quality of the packaging is absolutely terrible.  First off, the sticker on the bottom peeled off and there is a sticky residue left that will not come off.  Second, the plastic is extremely cheap.  And lastly, I have the hardest time getting the lid to open or close, sometimes it takes me multiple tries to get the lid to unsnap/snap, but I noticed that taking out the white sponge really helps.
I know the color below looks very dark and orange but, if you dust it on it gives a nice hint of color.  I used the sponge to apply it to show you the color payoff but if you have skin on the lighter side, you should use a bronzer brush so the color isn't as dark.  Although, if you had very tan skin to begin with, the sponge would be a nice tool to use.
I bought the product for $4.29 for .33oz or 9.4 g of product.
Overall, this is a fabulous product!  It is a great quality product at a cheap price.  The only downside is the packaging but I learned to look past it for this price.

Hope your day is great!
<33, Haley

3 comments:

  1. Bronzer makes me think of SUMMER! P.S. Will I ever get a shout-out in a blog post? Most loyal fan...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! only a few more months!! haha, maybe I can review your red lipstick?!? ;)

    ReplyDelete