Sunday, January 20, 2013

Essie's East Hampton Cottage

Hi all!
I have another nail polish for you.  This is Essie's East Hampton Cottage (088), which is what I'm currently wearing right now.
 
I've never been a huge fan of Essie products because the few I purchased I didn't really like, but they are probably the most loved polishes on the market.  I originally bought this polish to be a classic white to wear under glitter polish and to be a nice staple but it was a completely different color than what I was expecting.
Essie describes this polish as "a beachy sand pink with hints of sheer shimmer perfect for a french manicure."  This description is completely different from the true color, which is a pearlescent white.  This polish looks a lot like what could be Essie's Marshmallow or Waltz.  I think this could possibly be a misprint but I'm not 100% positive.
3 coats, no topcoat
It's a very pearlescent, milky polish that is sheer, I personally am not a huge fan of sheer polishes because I ended up putting on too many coats and it takes forever to dry.  Also, I go through the bottle faster then normal.
The formulation of the polish went on very smooth and it was easier to use compared to other thicker polishes. 
This polish retails for $8.00 for 13.5 mL or .46 fl oz of product.
This specific product is another reason I don't like Essie polishes, the description doesn't match the actual product and it when on my nails very sheer.  I think I am going to stick to other brands because this product is a little pricey for the low quality polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment