Wednesday, January 23, 2013

NYX's Xtreme Lip Creme: Absolute Red

I have another lip product for you! I never really expected to pick up this product.  I was actually on the hunt for a matte, red, Revlon lipstick but because I was unable to track it down after going to about 10 different stores, I decided to try something else.  I ended up buying NYX's Xtreme Lip Cream in Absolute Red (XLC07).
The consistency of the product is very unique. It looks like a gloss, has the opacity of a lipstick, and feels like a stain.  The opacity of this product is incredible, as you can tell, it is so dark and the perfect red color for all skin tones.  This color is a little too bold for my pale skin so I end up blotting it to help mattify it and take off some of the color.
I love the wand applicator because I can be precise with this product, because when I use a lipstick, I always end up with color outside of my lips.
After the product dries on my lips, it leaves a velvety finish, not too shiny, but not too matte.  
If you are looking for a glossy product, try NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Perfect Red ($5.50).  If you want a completely matte product, try NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam ($6.00). 
This lip cream is $6.00 for .23 oz or 7 mL of product.
I would recommend this lip cream to anyone looking to buy a new lip product.  I am actually considering purchasing another in nude color, possibly Natural, or Nude Peach Fuzz.

2 comments: