Monday, January 14, 2013

Urban Decay's Naked Basics Palette

Hello again!! Hope you are having a good day!

This is my much awaited eyeshadow palette, Urban Decay's Naked Basics Palette! I don't think I could have been more excited for a product!

Urban Decay describes these shadows as essentials to start your look, meaning that you will need others to finish off your look.  So, as nice as this would be to just use this palette, I always end up using at least one shimmery shadow from another product, even though I am a huge matte product lover.
Also something else I wanted to mention, is that Venus has a satin finish and the rest are completely matte.
The packaging is so nice and high quality, it feels like a rubberized tin material that will protect the shadows and keep them from breaking when I travel.
Urban Decay did such a great job with the packaging, the products fill up the entire palette and there is a large mirror on the top that I wouldn't use on a daily basis but it's nice to have if I need to touch up my makeup on the go.
Foxy is the only shadow used in a previous palette (Naked 2), while each of the others are new shadows made specifically for the Basics palette.

The products below are in the same order as they are above.
As you probably noticed, Venus, Foxy, and Walk of Shame are all very similar to my skin tone.  Venus is a satin shadow so it picks up the light, but Foxy and Walk of Shame look identical on my skin.  If you have darker skin than I do (you most likely do), you would probably notice that the main difference is that Foxy has a yellow undertone while Walk of Shame has a pinky undertone.  The similarity of the colors is the only downside to this product, other than that, I would give this product a 10!  Either way, you should go try this product because it's unlike anything I've seen.
Even with six full sized eyeshadows, this palette retails for $27 for a total of 7.8g or .3oz of product.  This is an incredible deal!  Also, I want to mention that this item does not come with a brush, mini Eyeshadow Primer Potion, or Lip Junkie like the original Naked palettes do.
This product is so worth it because it is so hard to find good quality matte shadows.  Although, I wish a few of the colors weren't as similar to each other, Urban Decay did a great job with this palette.

1 comment:

  1. This would be a perfect birthday present for me. 3 months 5 daysssss!

    ReplyDelete